What is my Tax ID number?
Individual taxpayer’s tax ID number is simply their social security or ITIN (individual tax identification number). A business’ tax ID number is going to be what is called an FEIN, or federal employer identification number.

What if I don’t know my FEIN?
If you are a business owner and you cannot remember your FEIN, there are a few ways that you can look this up.

  • You received a document when you registered for the FEIN. If you saved this document somewhere safe, it will have your FEIN on it.
  • You may call the IRS Business & Specialty Tax Line at 1-800-829-4933.
  • If you opened a bank account using your FEIN, your financial institution should be able to provide you with the FEIN.
  • A previous year’s tax return for the business should have the FEIN on it.